PARA Spring Meeting (5/6/23) – Updates for the 2024 Season
The PARA Spring meeting took place this past Saturday 5/6/23. While a lot was accomplished at this meeting, the executive committee has decided a second session is required to complete all the PARA business. With that said, there was several decisions regarding the 2024 season that were made that I wanted to share with our membership. Here is summary of key things to be aware of:
1. PARA Race Calendar for 2024 was finalized: (Note – Now that we have the PARA State race calendar, the Western Region will finalize our regional race calendar over the next few weeks. As soon as this calendar is completed, we will post it.)
U12 State Championships – 2/23/2024 – 2/25/2024 (the past few years this was a 2 day event. I would assume it will be a two day event (Saturday and Sunday) again in 2024, but these were the dates listed in the document that was approved.)
U14 State Championships – 2/23/2024 – 2/25/2024
- Series #1 – Tussey (SL) – 1/27/2024
- Series #2 – Tussey (SL) – 1/28/2024
- Series #3 – Elk (GS) – 2/10/2024
- Series #4 – Elk (GS) – 2/11/2024
- Series #5 – Blue (Super G) – 3/1/2024
- Series #6 – Blue (GS) – 3/2/2024
- Series #7 – Blue (SL) – 3/3/2024
U18 / U21 PA Cups
- PA Cup #1 – 7 Springs (SL) – 1/13/2024
- PA Cup #2 – 7 Springs (SL) – 1/14/2024
- PA Cup #3 – Blue (Super G) – 2/2/2024
- PA Cup #4 – Blue (GS) – 2/3/2024
- PA Cup #5 – Blue (SL) – 2/4/2024
- PA Cup #6 – Elk (GS) – 3/1/2024
- PA Cup #7 – Elk (GS) – 3/2/2024
- PA Cup #8 – Elk (SL) – 3/3/2024
2. U16 Series – Scoring for this series was the total World Cup points accumulated across all 7 races. For 2024, final rankings will be based on the World Cup points accumulated across a racer’s best 6 race finishes. This means one result from the series will be removed in figuring out final standings.
3. U18 / U21 PA Cups – There are 2 notable changes for this series:
- Scoring for this series was the total World Cup points accumulated across all 8 races. For 2024, final rankings will be based on the World Cup points accumulated across a racer’s best 7 race finishes. This means one result from the series will be removed in figuring out final standings.
- The Friday GS at Blue Mountain has been switched to a Super G. This means the 8-race series will consist for 4-SL’s, 3-GS’s, and 1-Super G. Please note that if you plan to race Super G, you must have legal skis. For the last few years, that means skis with a minimum length of 183 cm and a minimum radius of 30 m.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself, TJ Greenier, or Mike Clarke. We will communicate any pertinent decisions from the second PARA meeting once it occurs.
Have a great off-season!!!