Here is a link to the PARA Western Region race calendar (as of 8/17/21): 2022 WPRC Race Calendar.
This race calendar has been put together assuming that the 2022 race season will return to “normal.” Please be aware that things could change depending on what happens with the COVID-19 pandemic, including rule changes from USSS and PARA. If things should change, I will communicate them as soon as possible.
With that said, here is a breakdown by age group. I will review the schedule at the Membership Meeting prior to the start of our season:
U19: The PA Cup is scheduled to return to normal operations with:
- PA Cups 1 &2 @ 7 Springs on 1/15 – 1/16
- PA Cups 3-5 @ Blue Mt. on 2/4 – 2/6
- PA Cups 6-8 @ Elk Mt. on 3/4 – 3/6
U16: New this year will be a 7 race series open to all U16’s. There will be no qualification to “States.” Instead, this series will be scored similar to the U19 PA Cups, using World Cup points based on race results (not individual run). Post-season and State Team selection will be based on the standings in the series. The schedule for events will be:
- U16 Cups 1&2 (SL) @ 7 Springs on 1/29-1/30
- U16 Cups 3&4 (GS) @ Elk Mt. on 2/12 – 2/13
- U16 Cups 5-7 @ Blue Mt. on 2/25 – 2/27
U12 & U14: State Championships will be returning for these two age groups as in years past. In addition, we will continue to crown Western Region Champions based on the Western series of races. Qualification for States will be through 4 Western Region Qualifiers (2 GS, 1 SL, and 1 Skills Competition). New this year, will be a non-qualifier Dual SL the weekend after the U12 States. This event will not count in qualification for States, but it will be used in the Western Region standings.
- Qualifier #1 (GS) @ Wisp on 1/9
- Qualifier #2 (Skills Competition) @ Hidden Valley on 1/22
- Qualifier #3 (SL) @ Wisp on 2/6
- Qualifier #4 (GS) @ 7 Springs on 2/12
- U14 PARA States @ 7 Springs on 2/18 – 2/20
- U12 PARA States @ Ski Roundtop on 2/25 – 2/27
- Western Region Finals (Dual SL) @ 7 Springs on 3/5
U10: In addition to being able to race in the all the “non-scored” USSS races (i.e. the open races for the U12 and U14’s), we will be running the U10 Cup Series again this year. These races have not be scheduled yet, but the plan is to keep a similar format as last year with 5 competitions spaced throughout the season. This race series is only open to the WPRC U10 athletes. We will publish the U10 Cup dates once we have finalized the schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the race calendar, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.